Half-baked Plan - Earth
半烤焦的計劃 - 地球

M51: Dr. Spitzer! Dr. Spitzer!
Spitzer博士!Spitzer博士!

Dr. Spitzer: Hello, M51.
哈囉,M51。

M51: Dr. Spitzer, yesterday was my birthday! It was so much fun! We had cake and we played games and I got a bunch of presents!
Spitzer博士!昨天是我的生日!很好玩!我們有蛋糕、我們玩遊戲、我得到了一大堆的禮物。

Dr. Spitzer: I’m glad you had a good time, M51.
我很高興你完玩的很開心,M51。

M51: Now I have to wait a year for my nest birthday. That’s so much away.
現在我必須要等一年再過我的下一次生日了。還好久喔。

Dr. Spitzer: Well, how long is a year on the planet you come from?
你住的星球一年有多長?

M51: What do you mean?
妳的意思是什麼?

Dr. Spitzer: A year is the amount of time it takes a planet like the Earth to go all the way around the Sun. Different planets take different of time.
一年是一個星球 - 例如地球 - 繞行太陽一圈的時間。

M51: Really?
真的嗎?

Dr. Spitzer: Sure. The closer the planet is to the sun, the shorter its year is.
當然。愈接近太陽,它的一年愈短。

M51: So what you’re saying is…if the Earth were really close to the Sun, my birthday would come around a lot sooner?(請參見文法提示)
所以妳是說…假如地球真的接近了太陽,我的生日會來的更快?

Dr. Spitzer: Yes…but --
是的…但是 –

M51: Great, thanks Dr. Spitzer! See you later!
太好了,謝謝Spitzer博士!等一下再見!

Dr. Spitzer: Wait! M51!
等一下!M51!

Dr. Spitzer: Something tells me I’m not going to like this…
有件事告訴我,我不會喜歡這事…。(看這個樣子,情況不太妙)

M51: OK, Gizmo! I want it to be my birthday again soon. So we need to move the Earth closer to the Sun!
好了!我希望很快再過我的生日。所以我們要把地球向太陽移近一點!
(gismo是沒有名字的裝置機械;這裡把它大寫為Gismo是將它當作這個裝置的名字)

Gizmo: Moving Earth closer to the Sun.
將地球移近太陽。

M51: It’s working! It’s working!
成功了!成功了!

M51: Hi, Dr. Spitzer! What’s new?
嗨,Spitzer博士!有什麼事嗎?

Dr. Spitzer: M51, you’ve got to put the Earth back where it belongs.
M51,你必須將地球放到它原來的地方。

M51: But it’s going to be my birthday soon! Why is it so windy?
但是我的生日快到了!風為什麼這麼大ㄚ?

Dr. Spitzer: The Sun’s solar wind is blasting our atmosphere off into space!
太陽的太陽風正在將我們的大氣吹到太空中!

M51: Really?
真的嗎?

Dr. Spitzer: Very soon, we won’t have enough oxygen to breathe.
很快地,我們將沒有足夠的氧氣來呼吸了。

M51: No problem! Gizmo, make more oxygen!
沒問題!Gizmo製造更多的氧氣!

Gizmo: More oxygen, pronto.
更多的氧氣,馬上辦。

Dr. Spitzer: Plus, we need water. On planets too close to the Sun, water boils off and escapes into space!
另外,我們需要水。距離太陽太近星球上的水都蒸發跑到太空中去了。

M51: Wow. I didn’t know moving the Earth was such a big deal.
哇。我不知道移動地球會發生這麼大的事。

Dr. Spitzer: Yes, M51. You need to move us away from the Sun. But not too far away, or the Earth’s water will freeze.
是的,M51。你需要將我們從太陽移開。但是不能太遠,不然地球的水會結冰了

M51: It sounds like the Earth needs to be in just the right spot.
這聽起來,地球好像只能在一個正確的位置。

Dr. Spitzer: Yes, we call that the “habitable zone”, not too far, not too close…just the right distance to support life.
是的。我們稱之為“可居住的區域”,不能太遠、不能太近…只有在正確的距離才能夠生長生命。

M51: What if we all wear space suits?
假如我們大家都穿太空衣呢?

Dr. Spitzer: M51!
M51!(這個說話的口氣是表示別再扯了!)

M51: Ok, Ok, I’ll put the Earth back. Gizmo, undo!
好好好,我把地球放回去就是了。Gizmo,還原!

Gizmo: Undoing!
還原中!

Dr. Spitzer: Well, I hope you learned something from all of this, M51.
我希望你從這件事學到了教訓,M51。

M51: Don’t worry, Dr. Spitzer, this one’s going RIGHT on the list! Gizmo?
別擔心,Spitzer博士,這件事馬上就記在清單中!Gizmo?

Gizmo: Accessing list.
讀取清單。

M51: The printing’s too small. Gizmo, can you blow up the screen a little?
字體太小了。Gizmo你能不能把螢幕吹大(blow up也是炸掉的意思)一點?

Gizmo: Blowing up screen.
炸掉(blow up)螢幕。

Dr. Spitzer: Wait--!
等一下--!

Dr. Spitzer: I really need to take that thing away from him.
我真的是須要把那個東西拿離開他。。

 

 

 

文法提示:

if the Earth were really close to the Sun, my birthday would come around a lot sooner?

這個句子是假設語氣。

語氣可分為陳述語氣祈使語氣假設語氣

陳述語氣假設語氣最重要的不同是什麼?

陳述語氣:主詞Earth是第三人稱單數,現在式be動詞要用is

假設語氣:不管什麼人稱、單數或複數be動詞都是要用were

這也就是為什麼英文將這個文法稱作 mood (語氣)、也稱作 mode (模式);也就是指它們的動詞用的mode(模式)不同。(詳請參見文法書 p103-124)

 

分享本教學影片至您的Facebook

關於我們 | 聯絡我們

本網站由 美星公司 設計製作