容易混淆的片語動詞

A B-C H-M P-S T-W

- T -

*  take after   長的像...
*  take care of   照顧

My grandson took after me.
我的孫子長的像我。

Be sure to take good care of yourself.
你一定要照顧好自己。

*  tell apart   辨別

It's difficult to tell twins apart.
要分辨雙胞胎很困難。

*  talk about   談論
*  talk back to  頂嘴
*  talk over  討論

What are you talking about?
你們在談什麼? 

You shouldn’t talk back to your parents.
你不應該跟父母親頂嘴。

Let’s talk over like a man.
讓我們像男子漢一樣地談清楚吧。

*  think about   想什麼
*  think back on  回憶
*  think over   再三思考

What are you thinking about?
你在想什麼?

We like to think back on the good old days together.
我們喜歡一起回憶美好的往日時光。

Please think over and let me know your decision.
請再三想一想再告訴我你的決定。

*  throw away   丟棄

Don’t throw away your money on him.
不要丟棄(浪費)你的金錢在他身上。

*  trust in   信任

I trust in you.
我信任你。

*  try on   試穿
*  try out   測試

The lady tried on a lot of dresses and bought nothing.
這個小姐試穿了許多件的套裝但什麼都沒有買。

I tried out five cars and finally found one that satisfied me.
我試開了五部車,終於找到了一部滿意我的。

 

 

 

*  turn down   轉小聲; 拒絕
*  turn up   轉大聲
*  turn on    打開
*  turn off   關掉

Turn down the volume, please.
請將音量關小一點。

We turned down his offer.
我們拒絕了他的提議。

I turned on the light.
我打開灯。

- U -

*  use of   利用
*  use up   用盡
*  use to 和 be used to 詳請參見文法書第p.156

Make the best use of your time.
好好利用時光。

The couple used up all their money for a new house.
這對夫妻用盡所有的錢買了新的房子。

 

- W -

*  walk out on   離開、拋棄

Don’t you ever walk out on me!
你永遠不准離開我! 

*  wait for   等待
*  wait on  伺候、服務

Time and tide wait for no one.
時間與潮汐不會停留。

The flight attendants wait on me nicely.
空服人員對我服務親切。

*  wake up   醒來

I usually wake up at 7 o’clock in the morning.
我通常早上七點鐘起床。

*  worry about   擔心

Please don’t worry about me.
請不用擔心我。

 

 

關於我們 | 聯絡我們

本網站由 美星公司 設計製作